Character and Citizenship Development
Character & Citizenship Development Team
|Head of Department||Ms Tan Loo Sin|
|Subject Head / Discipline Mistress||Mrs Irene Toh|
|Members||Mr Ignatius Lee Xiang_Minn|
|Mr Alvin Ng Yong Chiang|
|Mr Mohamed Khairul Riduan bin Mohd Sarip|
|Mdm Lee Teck Lan|
|Teacher-in-Charge of Prefects||Mdm Celest Phang|
|Mr Neo Giap Hong|
|Mr Khoo Aik Phong|
|Mdm Fairoz Bte Atan|
|Mdm Iris Cheong|
|Mr Khoo Khay Gin|
Education, Lifeskills and Social Emotional Competencies are inculcated through our FTGP lessons and CCE Day
whereby pupils learn through activities-based lessons.
It is also a platform for teachers to build rapport with pupils so as to better understand their pupils and to build positive relationship amongst peers.
· In Values In Action projects, pupils learn to serve others within the class, the school community, the community beyond school either locally or overseas. Through these projects, pupils get to learn to care for the poor, the weak and the disadvantaged.
· To nurture disciplined Montfortian Gentlemen, the desired behavioural outcomes have been spelt out for Discipline
· Adopted “Caught Doing Right” Approach
· Pupils’ good behavior is recognized through “I Am A Star Pupil” award given out at the end of each semester.
· To encourage camaraderie within the class, we have adopted the “We Are the Star Class” approach.
· To develop Every Montfortian, a Leader. We have adopted The Leadership Challenge model.
· Various student leadership roles give pupils the opportunity to be leaders within the class, CCA leaders and Prefects are the various platforms pupils to practise their leadership roles.
develop concerned and active citizens that are rooted in Singapore
The 4 National Education Core Events
· Total Defence Day (15 February 2016)
· International Friendship Day (8 April 2016)
· Racial Harmony Day (21 July 2016)
· National Day (9 August 2016)
- NE Learning Journeys for each level to appreciate the diversity of our culture and heritge
- Social Studies projects to deepen and widen pupils’ learning in the classroom.
Total Defence DayCharacter and Citizenship Education Day